As Community & Communications Manager at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc. you will be the voice of our games to our valued player base and the wider industry and press.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing community engagement programs and the overall global social strategy for our games with a view to maintaining and driving a highly engaged, loyal community for our titles. Working with our global communications team, you will also be responsible for building and managing Playdemic’s communication and PR strategy to trade and consumer press.
You should be familiar with a wide variety of social media platforms and tools and will be responsible for creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
Naturally you will need to be an excellent communicator both written and verbally, as you will be required to create engaging content for press releases, trade events, our community channels and also be the key liaison between press, our players, Customer Support and the game Producers.
You will be proactive at seeking out opportunities to grow and expand their awareness of our products and communities, and report regularly on engagement, performance and other key metrics.
If you are an experienced and passionate individual with a proven record of successful communications and strategies and building a community in gaming, we’d love to hear from you.
Core Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience as a community manager, ideally in mobile and free-to-play.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record of managing impactful social media campaigns.
- Avid gamer.
- Very strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Current in depth knowledge of social media channels, best practice and emerging trends is essential. Monitor and drive conversation across all platforms.
- Work with integrated communications team and game teams to develop, update and execute community engagement calendar
- Write engaging and emotive content for use on relevant social media channels and forums.
- Able to develop and execute community engagement programs.
- Promote new community features to players.
- Deliver regular community updates to the business, informing of community sentiment and player focused campaign performance.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback based on A/B testing, consumer insights through online surveys and close monitoring of community channels.
- Demo products at various tradeshows and press events if necessary.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure.
- Detail orientated, quality focused and player centric.
- High levels of energy and drive.
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the very best people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. As such we’ve built a studio that is open, inclusive, fun and friendly. Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
As well as offering successful candidates a competitive salary, Playdemic also has a comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme; a generous company pension and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities, discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary snacks and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!